Our newsletter archive
- August 2022: Employment, NDIS, Education, Royal Comission and more
- April 2022: Disability Royal Commission
- February 2022: NDIS
- December 2021: End of year wrap up
- November 2021: Family-led advocacy
- October 2021: Inclusive education
- September 2021: Employment
- August 2021: What is home?
Driving change: A roadmap for achieving inclusive education in Australia
The Australian Coalition for Inclusive Education (ACIE), of which Family Advocacy is a core member, has released ‘Driving change: A roadmap for achieving inclusive education in Australia’:
“Our Roadmap is underpinned by six key pillars to help realise inclusive education in Australia and prevent the violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of students with disability. These pillars are drawn from the evidence base and embed the rights of students as set out in the United Nations (UN) Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).”
The Roadmap for achieving inclusive education in Australia has two key sections:
- the outcomes that need to occur, stepped out over the next 10 years; and
- the key levers for change needed to realise these outcomes.
ACIE is an initiative bringing together organisations that share a commitment to advance inclusive education in Australia and across state and territory education systems, including government and non-government schools.
The ‘Driving change: A roadmap for achieving inclusive education in Australia’ has also been endorsed by the following organisations: