Terms and conditions
The term ‘Family Advocacy’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘we’ refers to The Institute for Family Advocacy and Leadership Development Association Incorporated, the owner of the website, whose registered office is in New South Wales. The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the website user.
Your use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Copyright: Family Advocacy owns the copyright in the material contained on this website except where prior authorship is acknowledged. You may download, store in cache, display, print and copy the information in unaltered form only. You may not use the material for commercial purposes without the Family Advocacy’s permission.
2. This website may also, on occasion, include links to other websites which are not controlled by us. These links are provided for your convenience to provide you with further information. You acknowledge that they are used at your own risk. They do not signify that we recommend or endorse the websites. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites.
3. Family Advocacy accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any material contained on this site. Family Advocacy disclaims all liability to any person in respect of using anything from this website and of the consequences of anything, done or omitted to be done by any such person in reliance, whether wholly or partially, upon any information presented on this website. The content of this website is for your general information and use only.
5. The website and terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
6. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
7. Security of payments: we have utilised a payment gateway from a trusted and experienced provider for all payments on the website for the purpose of ensuring high security and encryption in accordance with industry standard. Users are notified of encryption processing when a gold padlock appears on the bottom right of the browser. Please be aware no security mechanism is 100% secure. Ensure you are comfortable with the provider prior to proceeding with payment. Family Advocacy disclaims all liability from any difficulties or anomalies arising from payments made on the payment gateway.
8. What to expect after registering online.
You will receive an automated acknowledgement if your registration to the event has been successful. If you have requested for an invoice, it will be emailed to you. Once we have processed your online payment, a receipt will be sent to you. All registrants will receive a confirmation letter regarding their registration a week prior to the event.
- Cancellations by close of business 2 weeks prior to an event incur no penalty.
- Cancellations in the period 1-2 weeks prior to an event will incur a 50% administration fee for organisations and professionals and a 15% administration fee for people with disability and family members.
- No refund can be given for a cancellation made after 1 week prior to the event. However, as per the Covid 19 disclaimer listed above, we require event goers to not attend on the day of the event if they are displaying symptoms commonly associated with COVID 19. In this case a full refund will be considered.
- If a person can no longer attend, they can arrange for someone else to attend on their behalf, without penalty. Any changes must be advised prior to the event.
- If due to unforeseen circumstances, Family Advocacy is forced to cancel an event, a full refund will be given.
- Any variations of this policy will appear in the event registration form.