24 hours per week, fixed Term Contract to June 30th 2024
- Do you hold a strong belief in the importance of the genuine inclusion of people with disability?
- Are you wanting to be a part of creating positive grassroots change? Then this exciting opportunity may be the right fit for you.
- This fantastic opportunity will enable you to work directly alongside people with disability and families to increase expectations, build knowledge and capacity that enables people to live full and inclusive lives.
What we offer in return
- A sense of contributing to something meaningful
- Hybrid work arrangement: two days in our Hornsby office and the rest of the time remote
- Sector development opportunities
Family Advocacy is a statewide, not for profit disability advocacy organisation that works with families to promote and defend the rights and interests of people who have developmental disability. This is achieved by strengthening the advocacy role and influence of families so that they can speak out with, and on behalf of their own family member, or for people with developmental disability more broadly.
The Capacity Development Coordinator will carry out the responsibilities of the position in accordance with the philosophy, policy and practices laid down by the Management Committee and in a way which reflects the cultural diversity of the Australian population.
Resourcing Inclusive Communities
Resourcing Inclusive Communities is an initiative of Family Advocacy and works across NSW. We hold the philosophy that people with disability thrive in the heart of the community, sharing the same everyday experiences as their fellow Australians.
We share our vision of social inclusion with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). One of the eight guiding principles of the CRPD outlines that all people with disability have the right to experience full and effective participation and inclusion in society. Resourcing Inclusive Communities works with many allies in the community to support this vision.
We provide information through our online platforms, through events such as webinars, workshops and conferences, we design tailored training, mentoring and supports for external services, develop extensive resources and have a 1800 number that provides support across NSW. We support positive change through working closely with people with disability, their family members, service providers, mainstream services, businesses and the broader community.
This position sits within our Inclusive Lives: Possibility to Reality Project which is a state-wide, multi-layered project to strengthen the knowledge, skills and confidence of people with disability and their families so that many more people with disability across NSW experience typical pathways experienced by most Australians.
What you will be doing
- Developing the capacity of people with disability and their families to seek genuine inclusive opportunities in the community
- Assist in building and managing relationships with stakeholders, whilst expanding the reach of the organisation across the state
- Developing content, coordinate and deliver webinars and workshop across NSW
- Support the development and sustainability of peer networks for family’s members of people with disability
- Provide guidance on solutions, theories and models that support the genuine inclusion of people with disability
- Contribute to the reach of the organisation through social media platforms
- Provide individual consultations over the phone and virtually
Essential Criteria (applications must address each criteria in writing and attach to application)
- Commitment to the full inclusion of people with disability
- Sound knowledge of contemporary and innovative practices that support people with disability living full lives in the community.
- Experience in the development and delivery of events including the facilitation of events
- Planning and promoting multiple events such as webinars and workshops across NSW
- Experience in developing and sustaining family led peer networks
- Demonstrated capability of working with people with disability and families
- Experience with communication channels such as emails, phone and online platforms
- Demonstrated experience with a range of software applications
- Capacity to travel around NSW and interstate
- Capacity to occasionally work weekends and evenings
- Lived experience of disability
- Understanding of Social Role Valorisation
Hours: 24 per week
Terms of Employment: Fixed Term Contract to June 30th 2024
Salary: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Industry Award 2010, Level 4- 5 (depending on experience) $52,700-$58,500 part time hours ($83,400-92,700 pro rata) with salary packaging available on request.
Download the Position Description, for a more detailed description of the role.
Email your complete applications to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject line: ‘Capacity Development Coordinator-Application’. Applications must include the following:
- Cover letter
- Letter addressing the full Selection Criteria
- Your full resume, including two work related referees
For more information, please email email@example.com or ring Cecile Sullivan Elder on 02 9869 0866.
Family Advocacy is committed to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) principle. Reasonable adjustments will be made so that disability will not be a barrier to completing the recruitment process.