Take the Pledge: Same Classroom.
For decades, successive governments in NSW have maintained systemic separation and segregation of students with disabilities from their peers.
Often relegated to different schools, different classrooms these students have been taught different content by different teachers resulting in thousands of strong, resilient, and courageous young people excluded from the joy of full participation with their peers at their local school.
Family Advocacy is:
- for inclusion for ALL
- for creating a NSW school system that can support every child's learning in every classroom so they can reach their full potential
- for making NSW a place where disability doesn’t mean exclusion and segregation
- for every student in NSW having the opportunity to reach their potential, to learn with their peers and feel a sense of belonging in their local school.
The Same Classroom. Same Opportunities campaign is focused on ensuring every student, no matter their circumstance, has a valued place in their local public school; in the same classroom, with same teacher.
Through to March 2019 the campaign will share stories of resilience, belonging and success, as well as encouraging photo pledges with the campaign placard on social media.
By March 23, 2019 we want to have gathered 10,000 visual pledges all posted on Instagram, so we can show the policy makers it is time for constructive and meaningful change.
Take a look at the Instagram account now >
How you can participate:
- Take a photo of the Campaign Pledge Placard and post it to instagram, facebook or twitter with the #SameClassroom hashtag OR email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, NSW electorate and some words about why you support Inclusive Education
- Share the campaign with your friends and colleagues on social media, via email and word-of-mouth
- Follow the campaign on Facebook and Twitter and Instagram
- Write to your local MP. If you would like help with drafting your letter contact Leanne at email@example.com
- Submit feedback about your MP meeting
- Write to your local media
- Contact the Family Advocacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you need to help gather momentum for the 'Same Classroom. Same Opportunities' Campaign.
- Participate in the campaign and sign up for email updates
- Download our petition and collect signatures - email the signed petition to email@example.com