A LEADERSHIP EVENT FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITY, FAMILIES, EDUCATORS AND DECISION MAKERS IN THE INCLUSIVE EDUCATION SPACE
Where does Australia stand in the inclusive education space? Where is it heading?
Other countries around the world have led change to create fully inclusive education systems; backed by legislation, policy and change management protocol. This symposium will provide a rare opportunity to have these examples of implementation showcased. Highlighting the vision and commitment required for successful implementation, this event will provide Australian stakeholders in education insight into the necessary steps to move towards a fully inclusive system.
- The catalysts for change
- The considerations and implications of system change
- What leadership needs to look like to implement change
- How this can be achieved in the Australian context
- Disability Discrimination Commissioner, Alastair McEwin
- NSW Shadow Minister for Education, Jihad Dib
- Canadian Politician and former New Brunswick Minister of Education and Post-Secondary Education, Jody R. Carr
- Executive Team member for School wide Integrated Framework for Transformation (SWIFT) Center, Dr. Carol Quirk
- Association of Independent Schools of NSW (AISNSW) education consultant, Leanne Woodley
- Former Deputy Director-General of Education Queensland, Founding Editor of the International Journal of Inclusive Education and author, Professor Roger Slee
- Parent, advocate and former Chairperson of Family Advocacy, Gina Wilson-Burns
- International researcher, teacher and activist in inclusive and special education, Professor Simona D'Alessio
- Head of Special Education Services at a State High School in Queensland, Loren Swancutt
- Parent and advocate, Yolande Cailly
Professionals - $195
People with disability/families/students - $55*
If you are a person with disability or a family member of a person with disability and would like to be sponsored to be able to attend this event, please register and tick the sponsorship request box on the payment page. We will contact you to try and meet your needs.
Event registrations are closed.