A workshop for families of people with disability wanting to take a pro-active approach to planning for the future
There are no quick or easy solutions to planning for the future of your family member with developmental disability, however there is much you can do now.
The workshop will cover:
- Importance of vision and whole of life thinking
- Who to involve and ways to involve others
- Planning; tools and scaffolding for families
- The legalities of planning for the future of a person with disability
- Hear from a family sharing how they are looking to the future of their family member
Presented by our speakers:
Family Member Catherine Hogan—hear from Catherine who will share the planning tools, ideas and considerations her family made around the future of her sister. Ideas that can be actioned now!
Lawyer Anne Cregan—representing law firm Gilbert + Tobin, Anne will take us through the legal aspects and considerations for a person with disability.
This will be a great opportunity for others in your family such as siblings and cousins to come along to the workshop and be part of the thinking around the best future for your family member