This workshop is designed to facilitate thinking and discussion about how the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) could best work for your family member.
Hunter New England and Central Coast regions can expect the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) roll out July 2016.
Start preparing now by joining us for a free workshop designed to facilitate thinking and discussion about the NDIS and how it could best work for your family member. Join us on the day to cover:
- Tools for advocating on behalf of your family member in the NDIS environment
- What could a typical life look like for a person with disability? How you can use the NDIS to achieve this vision for your family member
- What you should know before meeting the NDIS planner
- What's worked? What hasn’t? Benefit from the learning of others
- Hear about the details of the NDIS process
We will be joined by a parent from the Hunter trial site who will be sharing her and her daughter's experience accessing the NDIS over the past 2 years.