Family Advocacy is a state wide organisation. We are planning a number of free workshops for families who have children living with a development disability, in both metro, regional and rural areas in 2021. Please note dates and locations to be confirmed in February 2021. The One of the Kids workshop is relevant and informative for those who have children who are approaching school age, or are currently attending school.
This Workshop will cover:
* How the school years can lead to a meaningful life
* A brief history of disability education
* How inclusion can look in the classroom
* Evidence and support for inclusive education
* Education policies and supports that exist within schools
Come along and hear from a family member as they share their story of their child who is learning in the regular classroom.